Sunday, May 6, 2012

Convertible Patio


This is my patio set up when I teach my paper clay workshop at my home. It can comfortably accommodate 8 -10 students. My studio and gallery is right next to it. Although my website and blog has great images, it cannot replace the feel you get when you walk around a piece, or when you pick it up in your hands.

However, this time the patio will be reconfigured to hold a pot luck lunch. I’ll be having a studio/gallery tour for the students of the McGroarty Arts Center in June, 2012.

The workshop was a great success and well received. As I chatted with the students and saw their eyes opened up with new possibilities with paper clay, I thought it would be a great idea to invite this wonderful group to my home to see my sculptural works. They will be able to see my completed projects and works in progress, ask questions, have a great time and hopefully leave inspired to create great works themselves.

Perhaps, this will the start of a wonderful thing.

No comments: